About Our School..
The first public school in Gresham was a one-room log building established in 1884. In 1892, a frame schoolhouse was built. A larger school was built in 1902. This building housed the grades and high school. This building was destroyed by fire in 1934 and replaced later that year with the current building.
The first class graduated from Gresham High School in 1938. The gymnasium was attached to the building in 1948-49 and another addition was begun in 1962. The next expansion took place in 1976: the west wall of the gymnasium was pushed back, allowing larger bleachers to be installed. The new media center was put in place, along with six new elementary classrooms. In 1996 the south wall of the gym was removed and a second, smaller gym/lunchroom was added. The former lunchroom was developed as an Art room. New lighting, fire alarms, intercom & telephone systems and computer wiring networks & labs were intregrated into all areas of the building.
In 1948, Gresham became a part of Joint District No. 8 as part of the consolidation of the Shawano and surrounding rural grade schools. The new district included 22 branch schools and two central schools -- Gresham and Shawano making it one of the largest consolidated school districts in Wisconsin at that time.
In the Fall of 2007 Gresham Community School returned to it's former status as an independent school district. The future looks bright with a dedicated staff, great students and a community that has always supported this great, little school!